Disruptive Strategy with Clayton Christensen
Strengthen your capacity to make innovation a reality;
Unlock your potential to create winning strategies.
Join us in HBX Disruptive Strategy with Clayton Christensen. Together, we’ll forge a new path in online learning as you accelerate your career.
Disruptive Strategy with Clayton Christensen will help you:
- Become fluent in disruption theory and gain confidence in articulating complex viewpoints
- Apply strategic frameworks to assess new opportunities and potential threats
- Acquire techniques for executive-level strategy formulation and team management
- Discover your next big idea by learning from other participants on HBX’s social course platform
The course consists of 30-35 hours or material delivered over a 6-week period with a flexible program structure. Disruptive Strategy follows three steps to achieve learning outcomes:
- First, you will LEARN concepts and theories on the HBX platform through short, high-impact videos and graphics
- Next, you will PRACTICE these concepts through multimedia case studies and on a variety of different companies and industries, as well as engaging assignments
- Finally, you will APPLY these concepts to your life and organization, leading to better decision-making, increased confidence, and improved financial performance.
Successful participants will earn a certificate of completion from HBX and Harvard Business School.
Who would benefit from taking Disruptive Strategy?
Disruptive Strategy is intended for those who work in organizations that need to be more innovative and would like to be knowledgeable enough to lead that effort. It’s for those who want to feel more confident in their strategic recommendations by putting on a set of lenses through which to view the world of disruption and strategy. Those starting their own ventures and looking to disrupt an established industry, those in established firms looking to anticipate disruption, and those trying to understand their senior leadership’s discussions around disruptive innovations.
Meet the Faculty
Clayton Christensen is regarded as one of the world's top experts on disruption, innovation, and growth strategy, and his ideas have been widely used in industries and organizations throughout the world. In a poll of thousands of executives, consultants and business school professors, Clay has twice been named the world's most influential business thinker.
Clay is the author of several New York Times bestsellers, including the seminal Innovator's Dilemma, which lays out his theory of disruption, and How Will You Measure Your Life?, which examines how we can achieve happiness in our personal lives.
Clay is an award-winning teacher at Harvard Business School and the creator of one of the most popular elective courses in the MBA curriculum. HBX represents an exciting opportunity for Clay to reach many more leaders like you, so you can apply his transformational ideas to improve your organization.
We are now accepting applications for upcoming cohorts. It is free to apply and applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged.
Prerequisites for this course include an undergraduate degree or successful completion of HBX CORe. Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.
Interested in learning in a private cohort with your team?
HBX Disruptive Strategy is also available for organizations that are seeking to address their most pressing strategic challenges.